At Rapid Cold Air Conditioning, our qualified refrigeration mechanics service all refrigerated heating and cooling systems. Our fees cover our call out and 30 minutes of service works including trouble shooting, fault finding and cleaning. Any additional works, for instance re-gassing, will be charged accordingly. If we have on record that your system was installed by us, you will be given our existing customer discount!
How important is it to service my Air Conditioning system?
Extremely important! You wouldn’t skip servicing your car for years and expect it to work at its peak performance, right? Therefore, treat your AC with kindness and it will work for you and your family for years. In fact, well looked after units should last you between 15 to 20 years.
How often should I be servicing my Air Conditioner?
Depending on how frequently you use your AC some at home maintenance can be done. For instance, operation manuals will tell you how to best clean your system or you can check out your manufacturer’s website or Facebook for handy tips like this.
Generally speaking this includes regularly:
- Removing and washing out the filters from your Split System or Multi-Head indoor unit in lukewarm, soapy water and allowing it to dry completely before putting it back in. This is accessible by lifting the front face of the unit and gently removing the plastic framed filters down toward you.
- Cleaning the return air grille of your Ducted System and ensuring the filter material is in good condition. This is usually located in the hallway. When in use, summer, winter or all year round, it should be vacuumed monthly. It’s important to ensure nothing is blocking the airflow to your outdoor unit allowing it to recycle air easily without overheating. Therefore, keep an eye on any fallen objects on top of or next to your return air grille ensuring to keep it clear at all times.
- Finally, Ducted Systems need to have clean vents to ensure the air cycling into your home is free of dust or other pegs, toys and objects usually ‘posted’ by children that may overheat the unit.
How often should I have Professional Maintenance Performed?
All systems will require ongoing professional maintenance to keep it in tip-top shape. Rapid Cold recommends booking a professional service every two years minimum. You’ll want to get your aircon systems checked for blockages, leaks, mould, loose fittings, and sufficient gas levels.
NOTE: Gas heaters MUST be checked at least every 2 years by a licenced gas fitter. As of April, 2019 regulations for installation and servicing of gas heaters changed. Please read our gas heaters servicing page for more details and keep up to date with the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning here.
What are the benefits of servicing my AC?
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Units that are working to the manufacturer’s specifications will cost less to run. This needs to be checked regularly by a licensed technician.
- Prolonged Life: With timely preventative care, each unit can last an additional one to three years.
- Avoid Breakdowns: You can avoid interruptions and frustration using the air conditioning on those hot or chilly days.
- Better Air Quality: Each air conditioning system has a filter, this filter helps to catch little dust and microbes for you to breath in the clean air. Read more about how servicing can help with hay fever and allergies here.
- Peace of Mind: That your unit is operating safely and efficiently.
Enjoy a healthier environment with proper cleaning and servicing aircon systems in your house!
Read our Service Terms, Conditions and Fees here.